Klipper is shipped pre-configured for a generic cartesian printer and must be adjusted to match your particular machine.
The Klipper configuration file can be easily edited via the OctoPrint or Mainsail interface:
- connect to http://wrecklab.local/ (only if not already connected)
- OctoPrint: click the Settings button, select “OctoKlipper” plugin, then select “Klipper Configuration” tab to open the configuration editor
- Mainsail: click the Setting button on the left panel, then click on the printer.cfg file in the file browser to open the editor
The “printer.cfg” file, where the configuration parameters are stored, can be edited line by line and/or copy/paste the content of one of the available templates.
Fig.1 - OctoPrint configuration editor
Fig.2 - Mainsail setting page
Fig.3 - Mainsail configuration editor
Some sections of the configuration file are specific to your particular 3D printer architecture and are described in the Configure printer section. Follow the link to the page that matches your printer type.
The extruder section contains also some basic parameters to be configured:
- step_distance: defines the length in mm of a single step. If you are unsure check the Klipper FAQ
- nozzle_diameter: Diameter of the nozzle orifice (in mm)
- filament_diameter: The nominal diameter of the raw filament (in mm) as it enters the extruder
- sensor_type: Type of sensor, this may be “EPCOS 100K B57560G104F”, “ATC Semitec 104GT-2”, “NTC 100K beta 3950”, “Honeywell 100K 135-104LAG-J01”, “NTC 100K MGB18-104F39050L32”, “AD595”, “PT100″, INA826”, “MAX6675”, “MAX31855”, “MAX31856”, or “MAX31865”
[extruder] step_distance: .0022 nozzle_diameter: 0.400 filament_diameter: 1.750 sensor_type: ATC Semitec 104GT-2
If your machine has a heated bed, then the following section should be added to your configuration file. Make sure the sensor type matches the temperature sensor you have on your bed.
[heater_bed] heater_pin: PC2 sensor_type: ATC Semitec 104GT-2 sensor_pin: PB0 pullup_resistor: 10000 control: watermark min_temp: 0 max_temp: 120